Thursday, March 18, 2010

Yes, I Still Cover!

Beloved dear ones! I am still alive and doing well on this end. It seems odd that I have taken such a leave of blogging; I'd been blogging since November of 2004...fairly consistently, too. But a reshuffling of priorities and responsibilities led me away from blogging for a while. I am not certain that I will return to blogging, but I did feel led to pop in to encourage my dear (dear!) head covering sisters.

I have been encouraged through correspondence with one of the ladies I interviewed for the covering book. She is a dear woman and we enjoy sending each other notes in the mail. I even went to visit an African-American head covering plain woman who lives close to my hometown. It was our first meeting. She started teaching me to knit, and I have grown to love it. I'm now learning to crochet, and think I might love it even more! A friend of mine who has crocheted for many years is planning to make me a couple of head coverings...I am eager for a change!

My one frustration (if you can call it that) is that I still struggle with how to wear my covering. I still do the wrap quite often, and have fiddled a little with a couple of other styles, but nothing else feels quite as comfortable as the head wraps. I am hoping my crocheted coverings will be a bit of a stylish change.

I still cover at home, but I will wear my hair "out" at times. It's growing longer and I really like it a lot. I'm always covered, though, if I am out in public without hubby. Not much has changed there.

How is your covering journey coming along, beloved? Does the act itself still remind you of your devotion to Christ and of natural order? Admittedly, there are many days I just put the cover on, and don't always think on the meaning, as I should. Do people still ask you why you cover, or treat you more respectfully because you do? An acquaintence from church asked me to speak to his wife about head covering. He really liked my covering (the head wrap style...different from how I'm wearing it on my profile pic), and wanted me to encourage his wife to cover the same way. I thought that was a conversation best had between the man and his wife. I really like his wife (very much), and I didn't feel led of God to speak to her on it, but I told her husband I'd be happy to encourage her on it after he talked to her about it and if she willing. He spoke with her and she was not doing cartwheels about the whole idea. Aggression is not the spirit of covering, remember? We're not trying to bang folks over the head with our head covering gospel! But I am certainly willing to encourage and walk alongside the woman who is curious about covering or feels led herself to cover. Have you had any new head covering experiences? I've had women come up to me in the grocery store, or in church, and ask about how I wrap my cloth. I've been known to take the whole thing off and give them a quick tutorial by wrapping it all over again! One woman told me that she had a friend who could wrap anything -- who could wrap a bed sheet and make it look good! Funny, right? I spoke with a couple of Muslim women at the grocery store and asked them where they get their hijab coverings. Come to find out, there is a little section of a middle-eastern grocery store, a short drive from my house, where I can find beautiful fabric and certain styles (a bit over-priced, plus the woman who waited on me spoke virtually no English...she could barely understand me and I could barely understand her). I bought a couple of items.

Hubby is now much more comfortable with my covering, and even made mention of yesterday's covering, which was a combo of some cloth I got at the aforementioned store and a covering I ordered from online. I think he liked it. I take the boys to the library quite often and we even checked out some children's books about girls and women who cover. We look at the pictures in the book I can say, "Look, boys. She wears a covering like Mama." But the boys LOVE when I wash my hair and wear it down. "Mama, your hair looks nice!" they say. And that's worth a million bucks.

My encouragment to you is to know the reasons that you cover. And once you do, beware the spirit of compromise. I'd mentioned this in another post some time ago. Your covering may make a lot of people uncomfortable, and sometimes it's not the easiest thing to do. But if you feel led of God to cover, then cover. And keep covering until God tells you otherwise.

Has your Lenten season been meaningful thus far, beloved? I trust you are drawing closer to God. Enjoy your spring, beloved. It's glorious!

Grace,
M

50 comments:

casa da poesia said...

Yeah!!!...set the captives free!!!

Lucy said...

Welcome back!I had missed you.

Mama Kalila said...

:-) I really enjoyed reading this post. I haven't been so great about covering lately... Just yesterday my 2 year old tried to put one on me though lol.

misschatterbox said...

great to hear sister, you are an encouragement and a blessing as always!

I am just musing on my blog about covering now, and thinking what a funny amazing world it is that we live in!

God bless and belated Happy Easter!

羅昆珍 said...

nice to know you ~........................................

v辰原 said...

Nice blog85cc,咆哮小老鼠,85街,免費影片,情趣爽翻天,愛戀情人用品,交友找啦咧,線上a片,女同志聊天室,sexy,色情網站,網愛聊天室,情色性愛貼圖,小穴,性愛姿勢,陰脣室,成人圖貼,性愛技巧,a片論壇,色情,85c,sexy網,人妻,脫衣,6k,18禁,手淫,性幻想,77p2p,情色,1007,85c,0401,後宮,色情,淫蕩,正妹,77p2p,ut室

JesseniaT_Orndorff1021 said...

wonderful...................................................

Leigh said...

Love your book!

PorshaCoghlan梁子珠 said...

TAHNKS FOR YOUR SHARING~~~VERY NICE ........................................

Holly said...

Hello Muhala! I think I just ordered the book...I followed your link but after I had entered all my info on the final page the site kicked me back to step one. Guess we'll see if it arrives :~) I am looking forward to reading it.

M.B. McClendon said...

Thanks, Leigh! Glad you enjoyed the book!

Holly, some others have been having trouble w/ that site, as well. You are also able to order through Amazon. Just put in the book's title and it will show up. Hope you enjoy! Thank you for ordering!

士弘YajairaC_Tai0731 said...

謝謝您的分享~感恩唷!!..................................................

姿婷 said...

你可以從外表的美來評論一朵花或一隻蝴蝶,但你不能這樣來評論一個人........................................

佩璇 said...

Knowledge is power.......................................................

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog

韋于倫成 said...

來拜訪你囉~期待你的下次文章~加油^^........................................

健豪 said...

淫女情慾情色做愛限制級波霸口交18禁貼圖寫真視訊援交露點爆乳潮吹裸體裸照裸女愛愛無碼尋夢視訊聊天a漫a片a圖一夜情一葉情人妻激情情色寫真美女自拍辣妹自拍正妹自拍美女走光

MelinaM said...

Joy shared with others are more enjoyed...................................................

佩GailBohanan1蓉 said...

Look before you leap.............................................................

SadeRa盈君iford0412 said...

好的開始並不代表會成功,壞的開始並不代表是失敗...............................................................

許美玉 said...

Never put off till tomorrow what may be done today...................................................................

登山登山 said...

我都係好喜歡你的BLOG.................................................................

婉婷 said...

Pay somebody back in his own coin.................................................................

misschatterbox said...

wow, what a lot has happened since I last wrote to you sister!
That wonderful man I loved became Christian :) and we are now going to get married!
I am hoping and praying he will support me to keep covering!

best wishes and prayers and love!

M.B. McClendon said...

Best wishes, dear one...congratulations! My prayer is that he will continue in sincere devotion to Christ long after you have married, and that together you can follow Christ and walk in obedience together...all the best!

M

政儒 said...

成熟,就是有能力適應生活中的模糊。.................................................................

陳登陽 said...

人有兩眼一舌,是為了觀察倍於說話的緣故。............................................................

懿綺懿綺 said...

今天心情很好..你心情好嗎?..................................................................

佩璇佩璇 said...

喜歡看大家的文章,每篇都是一個故事,都是一種心情~~祝大家開心愉快............................................................

姿柯瑩柯dgdd憶曾g智曾 said...

來幫你衝一下人氣,幫你推推推..................................................................

于倫 said...

河水永遠是相同的,可是每一剎那又都是新的。..................................................

茹希茹希 said...

要繼續發好文喔^^..................................................................

建佑建佑 said...

路過看到好的blog,不推對不起自己..................................................................

潘凱花潘凱花 said...

這麼好的blog不回應怎麼行咧!............................................................

莊雅和莊雅和莊雅和 said...

死亡是悲哀的,但活得不快樂更悲哀。. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

夏瓊陳詩蓁富 said...

時間就是塑造生命的材料。

楊容茂楊容茂 said...

你文章很棒的~繼續分享給大家~~~~............................................................

文王廷 said...

It is easier to get than to keep it.......................................................................

建邱勳 said...

More haste, less speed..................................................................

宣麟至上 said...

時間就是塑造生命的材料。

宇緯陳陳宇緯陳陳 said...

Many a little makes a mickle..................................................................

淑昆珍昆珍君 said...

More haste, less speed..................................................................

張王雅竹欣虹 said...

嗯~蠻不錯耶~~我喜歡 ∩ 3∩............................................................

佳張張張張燕張張張張張 said...

朋友是一面鏡子......................................................................

至馬馬馬馬玄馬馬馬馬 said...

期待你的下次更新喔^____^..................................................

翊翊翊翊張瑜翊翊翊 said...

在莫非定律中有項笨蛋定律:「一個組織中的笨蛋,恆大於等於三分之二。」..................................................

Lisa said...

Hello Muhala,
I just received your book from Amazon yesterday and haven't been able to put it down. I covered for about a year a few years ago and have returned to it this past November of '09, but more joyfully this time around! So many Christian books are just so "fluffy", but your writing is witty, poignant, intelligent and inspiring. I'm so glad I found it, sister!
Blessings,
Lisa
www.lovethelordandknityoursocks.blogspot.com

瑰潼 said...

成熟,就是有能力適應生活中的模糊。.. ... ............................................................

misschatterbox said...

I have finally got around to rodering your book online and can't wait for it to arrive! Finally a resource I can lend to people, because I'm sure some of my friends think I'm the only one who covers and I just made it up :) God bless you!

M.B. McClendon said...

Excellent! I'm excited for you to read it! The book still sells, so that tells me that there are still women who need it. Enjoy!
(((hugs)))
M