Monday, July 27, 2009

Blogging Break

News. One of the two publishers who requested the manuscript notified me today that the manuscript doesn't fit within their publishing needs. I'm disappointed, of course, but remember -- a manuscript request doesn't ensure publication. We watch, hope and pray, though. I am still encouraged in the Lord. The other publisher says it may take up to 3 months for them to give a decision. So, now I just wait.

I have been sensing that I need to take a break from blogging, but I have been dragging my feet about it. I love to write and I love to encourage you, ladies, and be refreshed by your love, commitment and faithfulness to God. Natasa, thank you for your warm heart and your encouraging card. You bless me, and I appreciate you! What a blessing to know you all, and I have often found refreshment and encouragement with you when I have found it in very few other places as I walk this covering journey. Thank you!!

I will pop in now and again, and you can always feel free to email me. Also, I'll let you know when I hear back from the other publisher.

One other thing: strive to be holy. Make it your mission to grow in godliness. I have found (and, indeed, am continuing to find) that it makes other Christians uncomfortable when we want to shut off a movie because of the violence and language; when we want to turn down our plates so that we can fast to better hear God's voice; when we want to cover a little more of our skin, or retreat from some of the more worldly endeavors we have pursued. Our indulgence in worldly pursuits and entertainments doesn't bother many Christians at all, but our retreat from them decidedly does. I've observed that far too many of us (me, included) have ushered worldliness into our front doors, and it has taken over the whole house. And not only have we failed to see this truth, but we cringe when others do. Sadly, many have lost the desire to be holy and to let holiness permeate the nooks and crannies of our lives. I love where James says: If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless. Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world (James 1:26-27).

Be encouraged in your covering, ladies. Keep to it. And beware the spirit of compromise.

Love to you all,
M

4 comments:

Sanil Atarah Rivka said...

Thank you for all the encouragement!

I'll miss you, but I understand needing to take a break and I hope that it is good for you. I'll keep praying for you and for your book.

A Covered Sister said...

Muhala, I'm sorry to hear about the publisher, but God will make a way for His voice to be heard! I pray that you find a wonderfully refreshing time of rest during your blogging break! I pray that you and your family are and will remain to be well.

God bless you, sis!

Maff said...

Awww, just as I start to read you again...but it's ok, I know where to find you and will be keeping in touch :)

Thankyou for that reminder from James. It's a challenge to live a life of holiness in a world where even other Christians have so lowered their standards. But I too am striving for that, I fall many times, but I now really get the whole concept of Grace and can get up, repent, move forward and keep on striving...and it's good to have like minded friends along the journey.

Mama Kalila said...

I would have to find you now lol. I look forward to when you come back. I'm another Christian who loves to cover (although doesn't do it often anymore).