Wednesday, May 6, 2009

All is Well

Beloved, all is going well. I told the publisher that the manuscript was not complete, but gave a late June projected completion date. They were more than agreeable, and for this I'm thankful.

The next step, of course, is to get the thing done already! To this end, my dear and beloved friend Christie has agreed to allow the boys and me to come to her house for a few days. I love Christie's home...not just the space of the house, but also the green space of her land. The boys can run around and play, and I can barricade myself in her attic and type till my fingers get weary. I think the Lord just laid the idea on my heart this past weekend. As if I needed a reminder how distracting my own home is, yesterday the phone rang constantly; there was dinner to cook; I get phone calls and visits from well-meaning friends and relatives (my father-in-law, God love him, has blessed me so much with garden plants, flowering trees, the promise of bulbs, garden books and we have enjoyable chats over coffee, which he appears to love even more than I) --- that's not to say I don't enjoy the visits, phone calls and the work of being a homemaker. Still, there are a million and one things to do around the house --- grocery shopping, gardening, laundry, housework, cleaning, ironing --- you name it. Of course there is so much involved with running a household (I know I don't have to tell you that, beloved!). A few days away will subtract from many of those distractions. I estimate being able to knock out a few chapters. At least I hope. I have 8 more chapters left to write, not including the one I'm working on now (the 6th one). I think the change of scenery would do the boys and I good. It's a six hour drive for which I'll need lots of prayer, beloved! I haven't ever liked long drives. Of course, I'd love to be able to bring my dear hubby along with me, but unfortunatly, his work hours are really long...usually somewhere around 12 hours or so. If the boys are late getting to bed, sometimes they see him, but other times they don't see him till morning. I know he's been having on his mind of late whether or not he wants to stay with his present job. Hubby and I are praying for God's guidance on this issue (the job situation), and feel confident He will lend it. Hubby loves his job. He's good at it, too. But the pay is far less than what he was making before, and we feel it. We trust God to show us the way to go.

Spring has sprung around here and the days find us outside working in the yard --- the boys with their little dump trucks and dirt, and me working to pull weeds and getting the flower beds ready. I do perennials, and my neighbor and I swapped seeds after harvesting them last year. Oh, she's got the most gorgeous marigolds that will burst into bloom in clay dirt! That woman can make anything grow. She also passed onto me some columbine seeds. Oh, how glorious! Last year was my first time doing any flowers, but I had such success I fell in love with it. I harvested the seeds and now expect to see in both my and my neighbor's yard, those glorious blooms I so enjoyed last year.

Now back to the work at hand...chasing these boys!

God's grace,
M

4 comments:

Sanil Atarah Rivka said...

Hurray! Enjoy your time at your friend's house, and I hope you are able to get a lot of work done.

Rosheeda said...

cool! that should be a nice change of scenery. enjoy!
ro

Coveredwithjoy said...

Oh dear. I thought I had commented, I had meant to do so. Children do that to you.

Have you gone yet? Lots of running room is great for boys. I hope they will be put to work. Digging rocks out of the garden, hauling hay, any number of things. And the boys don't think it's work! All play!!

My husband has some awful hours too, on top of the one hour each way commute. I keep trying to tell myself there are heaps of people without jobs, but it is taxing on the family. I'll pray for your husband's job.. and you. :)

Muhala Akamau said...

Sanil,
If I can make it through the long drive, I think I'll be okay! I am looking forward to the rest. Thanks, dear one.

Ro,
Girl, wish I could take you with me! You'd really enjoy my friend Christie; I think we are all kindred spirits.

Covered,
How right you are!! My boys LOVE to dig in the dirt, make scoops of more dirt, load dirt into their little dump truck toys, and look around hunting for more dirt! lol...I think it will be a good time for us all. We've not left yet...next week. Thanks for checking in, dear one.

Grace!
M